Safety and Security
A person’s face continues to be the most widely used way of identifying that person. The speed, accuracy and reliability of Facial Recognition technology have significantly improved in recent years. New advances in machine learning have improved speed and accuracy leading to low false positive rates and low false acceptance rates.
NEC’s NeoFace® technology is the world’s leading Facial Recognition solution, as independently tested by the US Government’s National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), for facial recognition from still images as well as from real-time or recorded video, delivering highly accurate identification under the most demanding of conditions.
NEC’s award-winning identity matching solutions help law enforcement agencies globally solve crime fast. NeoFace® is used worldwide to protect critical infrastructure, ensure safety at large scale events, and improve security at airports and borders.
Who we work with
NEC’s NeoFace® technology is specifically designed for national security, border control, retail loss prevention and customer recognition. NeoFace® easily integrates with existing systems and applications, enhancing security by extracting faces in real-time from video streams and instantly matching them against a watch list of enrolled individuals. When the system identifies and matches a person from that watch list, NeoFace® can raise an alert so appropriate actions can be taken.
This technology has a wide range of applications across a number of sectors. Here is just a selection of the industries in which NEC’s NeoFace® technology is being deployed in order to ensure the safety and security of the public:
- To monitor all areas of an airport for people of interest.
- To track crowd flows between different areas of the airport and alert on potential choke points.
- Automatically alert central or roaming security officers when a person from a watch list is detected.
- Identify people of interest to help prevent and solve crime.
- Enable analysis of pre-recorded video to support forensic investigations.
- Quickly identify people of interest, enabling investigations to proceed at a faster pace.
- Accurately match people from real-time video and post-event images, providing new ways to predict threats, process crime scenes, capture field data and more.
- Identify people of interest in large crowds.
- Recognise unwanted or black listed individuals.
- Track crowd flows and people across multiple locations.
Key features and benefits of NEC’s Safety and Security solutions
NEC has deep expertise and offers a wide range of solutions to increase safety and improve security. NEC has been developing biometric technologies for more than 30 years and has solutions used by more than 1,000 customers in over 30 countries worldwide. Here are some of the features and benefits of our safety and security solutions.
Why should you use our Safety and Security solutions?
There are many reasons why our customers turn to NEC for Safety and Security solutions. Here are some of the main reasons to talk to us about our biometrics solutions for Safety and Security:
- Safety and Security are the driving factors in the adoption of face recognition for identifying and verifying individual people of interest, including valued customers, missing persons through to known criminals and trespassed individuals.
- Operators of security systems are under increasing pressure to balance the conflicting goals of security and speed with cost-efficiency and convenience.
- Law enforcement agencies are seeking to become more efficient by automating the process of identifying people of interest.
- Border agencies are being asked to cope with a rapid increase in traveller numbers to facilitate a swift and secure passenger experience while minimising costs of preventing illegal immigration or identity fraud.
- Minimise security threats associated with crime, terrorism and border security in a cost-effective way while ensuring public safety and confidence.
- Need for faster and more accurate identification of persons of interest to prevent crime and enable faster criminal investigations to protect the public and maintain law and order.
- Increased need for video surveillance to protect critical infrastructure and people in places like airports, railway stations, sports arenas and public events.
Why choose NEC NZ?
NEC has decades of experience in biometrics and face recognition and is trusted by governments, law enforcement agencies and critical infrastructure providers for some of the largest implementations around the globe. Here are just a few reasons to choose NEC NZ for your Safety and Security requirements:
- NEC ranked #1 by leading independent authority, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) since 2010 for both speed and accuracy.
- For more than 45 years, NEC’s award-winning identity matching solutions have helped law enforcement agencies globally solve crime.
- Continuous improvement – we’re constantly developing new ways to apply our technology and we collaborate with our customers to generate innovative ideas. Our R&D team fine-tune our technology to help customers achieve their business objectives in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
- Local support – understanding the local market, quickly adapt to change, prompt response times (same time zone) with service level agreements (SLAs) and no language barrier.
- NEC offers ‘turn-key’ solutions – managing a complete solution rollout – with an option for ongoing management by NEC.
- Strong local presence in public and private sector.If you need a second factor to increase your security levels when it matters most
- Backed by NEC Corporation, with over 100,000 staff globally.
Access and Authentication
NEC’s access and authentication systems are implemented by a wide range of companies and government agencies.
NEC’s NeoFace Welcome provides a new and unique visitor welcome that is personalised customer experience.