Our ethos is the fundamental character of NEC New Zealand and is the underlying sentiment that informs our values.
For more than a century, NEC has been at the leading edge of technology that enriches people’s lives. Through collaboration with partners globally, we apply our expertise to create active data solutions that predict, monitor and solve challenges, respond intelligently to adverse events and turn unseen information into actionable wisdom. In this way, our innovative solutions for society contribute to greater safety, security, efficiency and equality and enable people to live brighter lives every day.
We are seeking a passionate and self-motivated individual to join our Service Operations team as a Support Engineer. Our ideal candidate is:
- Customer driven
- Results orientated
- Knowledgeable of the mix of technologies we use
- An excellent communicator
Working within a supportive team environment, you will be responsible for technical support across a mix of technologies that provide biometric solutions and infrastructure.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Responsible for support and maintenance activities for NEC supported systems
- Server, desktop maintenance, monitoring, patching
- Responsible for managing production releases post Development and Testing
- Responding to phone and portal requests
- Coordination of multiple 3rd parties and vendors
- Monitoring and Event Management
- System Administration
- Incident and Change Management
Technical Knowledge (some or all):
- SQL Oracle Database Administration
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 preferred
- Unix OS
- Storage and server hardware
- Network trouble shooting and TCP/IP
- ITIL Version 3
- Linux Red Hat Enterprise
- Virtual Machines (HyperV, KVM, VMWare)
- System monitoring tools (Nagios, Splunk)
- Backup management tools (NetVault)
- Active Directory: Users and Computers
NEC is a global company and leading service provider of telecommunication and advanced technologies with more than 25 years’ experience in New Zealand. We create, sell and support high quality customer driven technologies.
We are keen to hear from you if you are up for a busy and varied role and want to be part of a collaborative team.
- The successful candidate must obtain and maintain a security clearance from NZ Police as working on NZ Police systems and working from Police premises.
- As this is a client-facing role with a portion of time spent at customer sites, a high degree of professionalism is required.
A copy of the position description is available below.
Applications close: Sunday 1 November 2020
Wellington contact info
Telephone: +64 4 381 1111
Street address: Level 1, Pencarrow House, 1 Willeston Street, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Postal address:PO BOX 1936, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
Auckland contact info
Telephone: +64 9 304 0430
Street address: Suite 3, Level 3, 12 Viaduct Harbour Avenue, Auckland 1010
Postal address: PO Box 911422, Victoria St West, Auckland 1142, New Zealand