Our ethos is the fundamental character of NEC New Zealand and is the underlying sentiment that informs our values.
For more than a century, NEC has been at the leading edge of technology that enriches people’s lives. Through collaboration with partners globally, we apply our expertise to create active data solutions that predict, monitor and solve challenges, respond intelligently to adverse events and turn unseen information into actionable wisdom. In this way, our innovative solutions for society contribute to greater safety, security, efficiency and equality and enable people to live brighter lives every day.
NEC is a global company and leading service provider of telecommunication and advanced technologies with more than 25 years’ experience in New Zealand. We create, sell and support high quality customer driven technologies.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Field Engineer to join our Field Services team.
You will be an excellent communicator who is solutions orientated with a customer service focus and be comfortable working independently.
This role is Palmerston North based, however at times there may be travel required across the Taranaki, Manawatu and Hawkes Bay regions. A full driver’s licence and the ability to be on call is essential.
Ideally the successful candidate will have:
- Excellent fibre skills
- Experience with structured ethernet cabling infrastructure and all modes of optical fibre infrastructure
- Experience in using electronic monitoring instruments for fault analysis
- Operational experience in either NZ OTN, DWDM, OFDF’s or other current telecommunications technology
- Experience supporting Telecommunications in the PSTN, Data, and Mobile area
- NEAX knowledge would be preferable
- The ability to provide technical engineering leadership to the wider NEC team
- Experience creating and maintaining trusting business relationships with customers.
If you’re self-motivated and thrive on variety and developing and implementing practical solutions, let us know and apply today. A copy of the position description is available below.
Applications close Sunday 2 May 2021
Wellington contact info
Telephone: +64 4 381 1111
Street address: Level 1, Pencarrow House, 1 Willeston Street, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Postal address:PO BOX 1936, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
Auckland contact info
Telephone: +64 9 304 0430
Street address: Suite 3, Level 3, 12 Viaduct Harbour Avenue, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Postal address: PO Box 911422, Victoria St West, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Christchurch contact info
Street address: Level 1, Awly Building, 287-293 Durham Street, Christchurch, 8013