Our ethos is the fundamental character of NEC New Zealand and is the underlying sentiment that informs our values.
For more than a century, NEC has been at the leading edge of technology that enriches people’s lives. Through collaboration with partners globally, we apply our expertise to create active data solutions that predict, monitor and solve challenges, respond intelligently to adverse events and turn unseen information into actionable wisdom. In this way, our innovative solutions for society contribute to greater safety, security, efficiency and equality and enable people to live brighter lives every day.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager to join our Field Services team to deliver on our Field Services strategy and ensure we provide outstanding customer service to our clients. This role covers from the top of the North Island to the middle encompassing Gisborne, Bay of Plenty and Waikato. It will require some travel and would ideally be Auckland based.
You will be an excellent communicator who can form relationships with an experienced team as well as with the wider NEC business. An integral part of this role is superb leadership of a large team so experience in this area is mandatory. You will focus on ensuring that customer needs and expectations are consistently exceeded.
Ideally the successful candidate will have:
- Experience in leading a large team, ensuring a strong team culture is maintained and NEC NZ values are lived every day
- A focus on ensuring Health and Safety is the number one priority, every day
- Experience creating and maintaining trusting business relationships with customers
- Proven ability to form strong, positive relationships across the wider business
- Commercial and financial awareness with an understanding of how your actions can influence the bottom line
- Experience in creating and maintaining rosters is preferred
- Operational experience in either NZ OTN, DWDM, OFDF’s or other current telecommunications technology preferable
NEC is a global company and leading service provider of telecommunication and advanced technologies with more than 25 years’ experience in New Zealand. We create, sell and support high quality customer driven technologies.
If you’re self-motivated, thrive on variety and looking for a role that utilises your leadership skills and technical knowledge, let us know and apply today.
A copy of the position description is available below
Applications close: Tuesday 2 February 2021
NEC delivers integrated network managed services, advanced biometric identity solutions and innovative transport products (to name just a few!) through our world-leading technology, unique and diverse talent, industry partnerships and customer relationships. NEC New Zealand has a unique opportunity to leverage its global leading, emerging technology offerings from around the world, to better the lives of New Zealanders.
The Business Development Manager (Field Services) is a core member of the NEC sales team providing sales strategy and overall account directorship primarily focusing on Field Services. As part of a small but high-achieving sales team, you will leverage your proven success in business development and relationship management, along with a broad remit of solutions and services that NEC have to offer, to help your customers achieve their organisational goals.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the development of the Field Services Business Development strategy for your customers and the development of sales propositions
- Actively pursuing and developing new Field Services business opportunities
- Owning and developing a wide network of relationships with the customer to achieve and exceed revenue targets
- Leadership and ownership of day to day account activity – including effective qualification and management of RFPs and sales opportunities.
- Taking the lead in setting accurate forecasts, sales opportunities and managing virtual teams to deliver within your customer set.
You have considerable Sales and Account Leadership skills within the technology or related industry. You will possess a passion for customer management and exceeding their expectations in everything you do. With skills in building collaborative relationships and stimulating change, you incorporate continuous improvement methods into your working style – both within our business and with your customers.
- Proven sales experience in the technology, ICT/Telecommunications Field Services related sector.
- Experience in working in virtual and cross-functional teams, ideally on large scale and complex integration projects.
- Experience in building and nurturing customer relationships, working in partnership with them on their business requirements and solving their issues through innovative technology solutions.
- A strong business acumen, negotiation skills, and a customer focused approach that holds integrity and trust in high regard.
What we offer in return;
- A competitive salary depending on experience.
- An autonomous role with room to grow and have a significant impact.
- Experienced and supportive team.
If you are looking for a challenging role within an exciting organisation then APPLY NOW! This role can be based in Auckland or Wellington and application details for both are listed below.
Applications close Monday 1 February 2021. A copy of the position description can be found below.
We have an exciting opportunity available within our organisation for an experienced ITIL and Service Management Lead to drive the establishment and maintenance of ITIL service management capability within NEC New Zealand.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing ITIL policy and process by improving and maintaining fit for purpose ITIL policies, methodologies, tools and processes within NEC NZ, including but not limited to Incident, Change, Problem and Service Catalogue Management.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have extensive service management experience in an IT&T environment ideally working as an ITIL process lead or similar role.
- Demonstrated experience at implementing best practice service management policies, processes, frameworks and tools.
- Be ITIL certified and preferably have a relevant tertiary qualification.
- Have a sound understanding of how sales and solutions work with service operations to deliver offerings to customers – experience working as part bid teams and leading service transition an advantage.
- Possess the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and be methodical in your approach.
- Confidently deal with stakeholders, external/internal customers and have strong interpersonal skills – experience facilitating training and workshops an advantage.
To join us and enjoy the challenge and reward of delivering best practice ITIL solutions, apply now. A copy of the position description is available below.
Applications close Monday 8 February 2021
This is a fantastic and rare opportunity to join a global leader who prides itself on consistently providing their customers with innovative technology solutions that enrich people’s lives. NEC NZ offers a truly diverse and multi-tier range of solutions from a fully integrated network through to world leading comprehensive range of biometrics and IT platforms.
This role sits in the heart of a busy Delivery team, with a team culture based on a passion for innovation and delivering service excellence to the team and clients.
This role is pivotal to supporting our large Field Services operations, ensuring successful delivery of our large-scale Service projects. We are keen to hear from Project Coordinators with experience in dealing with nationwide Field Service Engineers, with pre-sales exposure and working with external customers. This role is responsible for;
- Effectively coordinate all large-scale Field Service projects/workstreams up to $2m value and across multiple sites, ensuring they are appropriately resourced with the right materials – escalating scheduling conflicts as required
- Provide administrative support in setting up and managing all SAP functions eg Financials, Purchasing, end of Month, end of Financial year requirements, material orders
- Provide support in preparation of SOWs, ensuring there is the capability and capacity to meet customer needs
- Progress tracking of jobs ensuring an accurate current view is maintained and consistent delivery on time and to budget (within their span of control)
- Ensure information in our systems is accurate, for customer billing, goods invoicing and time sheeting
- Maximise potential for learning through facilitating lessons learnt sessions for agreed projects, and ensure these are reported upon/shared/retained in a central database
- Ensure process documentation is maintained and actively identify opportunities to improve process for our customers and people
- Prepare high quality progress and financial reporting and communications- both internally and for customers. Includes weekly customer updates and monthly reporting
Skills and experience we are looking for are as follows:
- 3 years relevant project coordination experience (ideally in a Field Services environment)
- Skilled in SAP (Business) by Design or similar financial system
- Experienced in MS Office applications (Office 365, Outlook, Word, Excel, MS Project)
- Experience working within a presale’s environment, to tight deadlines and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail
If you are self-motivated and thrive on variety, let us know and apply today. A copy of the position description is available below.
Applications close Monday 8 February 2021
Wellington contact info
Telephone: +64 4 381 1111
Street address: Level 1, Pencarrow House, 1 Willeston Street, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Postal address:PO BOX 1936, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
Auckland contact info
Telephone: +64 9 304 0430
Street address: Suite 3, Level 3, 12 Viaduct Harbour Avenue, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Postal address: PO Box 911422, Victoria St West, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Christchurch contact info
Street address: Level 1, Awly Building, 287-293 Durham Street, Christchurch, 8013