– FIELD SERVICES
Network Support and Maintenance
NEC’s Network Support and Maintenance offering delivers a 24/7/365 proactive maintenance and fault resolution service, specifically designed for customers who own or operate a large network and need a trusted partner that can offer a nationwide full-service support solution.
By partnering with NEC, customers have the backing of a global brand with a dedicated and highly skilled New Zealand team, who they can trust to deliver the quality of workmanship demanded, without the need to invest in building this skill set themselves.
What Network Support and Maintenance services do we provide?
For over 30 years, we have delivered the highest quality network support and maintenance services for some of New Zealand’s most important network infrastructure.
Our team of engineers supported by an expert back office team deliver world-class service along with a rapid response to any request or event and provide around-the-clock dependability. This helps to ensure a reduced risk of network disruption and as well as ensuring equipment is optimally maintained throughout its lifecycle.
Our services include:
- Proactive maintenance and reactive fault rectification across ICT & Telecommunication Equipment & Networks
- 24/7/365 network support (on/off site)
- Undertaking proactive maintenance following customer and/or manufacturer specifications
- Develop maintenance routines to align with warranty specifications (if required)
- Fault diagnostics and replacement of faulty equipment
- Verification of end-to-end service resolution
- Lifecycle management
- Proactive management, refurbishment and replacement of end-of-life equipment
- Ongoing firmware/software updates to the latest release
- Spares Management – Holding spares in secure locations nationwide, including stock management and reporting
- Network Audits
- Onsite physical auditing
- Recommendations to ensure optimal network dimensioning and performance
- Health & Safety
- Accredited to Impac’s 5 Star Pre-Qual rating
- Site & Task specific risk analysis and mitigation
- Pro-actively identify risks and provide recommendations (environmental, network & physical)
Leading the way in health and safety
In October 2020, NEC New Zealand was awarded a five-star rating for Health and Safety by Prequal. Prequal audits are carried out every two years and they are particularly relevant to our Field Service Teams and their ability to undertake work.
A strong Prequal score gives NEC New Zealand customers the confidence that when working out on site, our team will be operating under best practices when it comes to health and safety.
Out of 11 sections within the Prequal report, NEC scored the maximum score of 100% in four categories and a score of over 90% in a further four categories
Taking care of New Zealand’s most important networks
NEC’s reputation is built on quality delivery. Our customers have engaged with us to ensure they have a partner that they can trust every step of the way. So, our team’s core focus from the field to back office is on ensuring impeccable delivery and execution right through New Zealand.
What we do:
- Ensure service level agreement time frames are met
- All jobs are assigned a ticket through our service desk (24/7), using NEC’s Service Now ITSM tool which enables easy tracking of progress
- Dispatch to a field engineer, nationwide (24/7)
- Reactive – Respond to customer requests to fix hardware or service outages
- Diagnostics – Onsite or remote fault diagnostic and resolution
- Ensure replacement spares and equipment are in stock and align to current specifications
- Detailed fault sign-off’s for trend reporting & analysis
- Proactive maintenance – Undertake proactive maintenance following customer and/or manufacturer specifications
- Source/Clean/Replace filters
- Onsite services testing
- Visual inspections of site/equipment to identify issues and risks
- On site physical back up, rotations and storage of data
- Network protection services – Supervision and/or escorting of contractors
- Spares management
- Life cycle management
Who we work with?
Partnering with NEC means you can have the confidence of a trusted global brand with a dedicated, nationwide New Zealand team who have the experience and skill set to ensure even the most complex network can be managed and maintained to the highest possible standards.
Engaging NEC means you don’t have to directly offer this service, creating efficiencies across the board – costs, people, administration, and training.
We work with some of New Zealand’s biggest businesses that expect only the best in quality. Here are some examples of the support and maintenance work we carry out:
- WAN Install/Upgrade
- Installing CISCO routers into comms rooms
- Phones/Wireles Access points/Firewalls/Web cams/ 4g Aerials
- Onsite fault resolution
- Proactive Maintenance of PSTN network
- OTN & OTN2 fault resolutions
- Proactive and reactive management of Southern Cross cable.
We truly believe that any ICT project is a critical solution and requires experienced, quality people who care about the standard and quality of workmanship & service they are providing. Talk to the team today
We are proud to work with customers throughout New Zealand and we have formed strong and lasting relationships with some of the country’s leading brands.
Here are just some of the reasons our customers choose NEC New Zealand:
- Accountability Accountability is a key pillar of our approach, ensuring the quality of workmanship is easily managed. It also means there is a consistency of work and quality delivery right across the country.
- Confidence Partnering with NEC allows customers to focus on their core business, assured with the confidence that they have the experience and skill set to take care of the job.
- End to end value The total value added through the full range of services available with NEC is significant. With a full project and service management framework in place, to ensure a fully managed service.
– CASE STUDY
Kaikoura earthquake response efforts
Just after midnight on 14 November 2016, a 7.8 magnitude earthquake tore through Kaikoura, causing a huge impact to the region. Houses were demolished and close to a million cubic metres of rock and material fell onto the coastal transport corridor, essentially cutting Kaikoura off from the rest of New Zealand.
To add to the isolation, the main telephone exchange went down – meaning that residents couldn’t make any calls – including 111. NEC team members from Christchurch immediately flew into the area by helicopter to help. They worked closely with local electricians to get the exchange back up and running as well as making changes to the 111 trunk and running jumper wire 200m from the exchange to the Civil Defence headquarters. The team went above and beyond and manned the 111 phone that evening until 111 operators could be bought in.
Features and benefits of NEC New Zealand’s Network Support and Maintenance services
At NEC, we know that servicing and maintaining a network is a highly technical and specialised skillset, so it’s simply not feasible for most businesses to invest the budget, time, and resources to build this capability themselves.
Here are some of the features and benefits of NEC’s Network Support and Maintenance services:
NEC’s face recognition solutions have been used by many counties around the world to identify and verify well over a billion people.
NEC’s NeoFace Welcome provides a new and unique visitor welcome that is personalised customer experience.