The NEC team have confirmed that they will be attending the Safe and Secure Facilities and Public Spaces event taking place on the 12 – 13 August at Te Papa in Wellington.
This is a new event for New Zealand based organisations and facilities that will focus on the wider range of dangerous and significant human-derived threats. It will look at how organisations can effectively mitigate the risks and decrease security vulnerabilities whilst maintaining the necessary public and/or visitor access and experience.
In countries across the world, crowded public spaces (shopping precincts/major events etc) have become increasingly targeted and public safety compromised. While law enforcement agencies and security services work tirelessly in threat surveillance to prevent such attacks, owners and operators of facilities must also do what they can to keep people safe.
Crucial insights for doing this will be shared in the context of:
- Local government facilities, council offices, stadiums, pools, parks, beaches, museums & shopping precincts
- Hospitals & health facilities
- Schools, universities & education facilities
- Transport facilities, hubs & vehicles
- Tourism & travel operators
- Government facilities
- Private facilities open to the public: pools, gyms, shopping malls & commercial buildings
- Critical lifelines & infrastructure: refineries, tank farms, ports, oil companies, water & gas
- Private facilities profiled as higher targets: churches, mosques, temples, religious organisations
- Stadium & large sporting, concert & park event operations
The event will also cover relevant issues like:
- Predicting & responding to physical threats, including new hostile vehicle mitigation solutions
- Cyber threats & their potential impact on your operations
- Crowded places & target profiles
- What makes your facility a target?
- How to protect crowded places from terrorism or other threats
- Vulnerability assessments and applying lessons learned
- Effective counter-measures solutions
- Keeping people safe at major events
- Harnessing interagency cooperation at mass events
It is sure to be an important and insightful event with 5% of the profits going to the official Victim Support Givealittle donation page for victims of the Canterbury shootings.
More information about registering for the event can be found at CONFERENZ.
About NEC Corporation
NEC Corporation is a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people around the world. The NEC Group globally provides “Solutions for Society” that promote the safety, security, efficiency and equality of society. Under the company’s corporate message of “Orchestrating a brighter world,” NEC aims to help solve a wide range of challenging issues and to create new social value for the changing world of tomorrow. For more information, visit NEC at https://www.nec.com.
© 2019 NEC Corporation. NEC is a registered trademark of NEC Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Other product or service marks mentioned are the trademarks of their respective owners.