Tokyo, June 26, 2019
NEC Corporation (NEC; TSE: 6701) today announced its participation in INTERPOL World 2019 at Sands Expo & Convention Centre, Singapore, from Tuesday, July 2 to Thursday, July 4, 2019.
At NEC’s booth (booth# F11), a broad range of public safety solutions for law enforcement and government organisations will be displayed. Visitors will be able to experience a variety of NEC solutions, including its multi-modal biometric immigration gate and AI-driven video analytic platform.
As part of the INTERPOL World Co-Creation Labs programme, NEC will join panel discussions and share insights on the future of biometrics and immigration control.
Overview of NEC exhibits
1. Solutions for immigration control and border security
- In-vehicle facial recognition solution that enables the identification of individuals inside a vehicle without the passengers exiting.
- Multi-modal biometric immigration gate that incorporates both face and iris recognition technologies to facilitate a smooth and secure identity verification process.
- Mobile authentication service that is equipped with liveness detection technology to prevent fraudulent activities through biometric authentication processes, such as the use of photos on mobile devices.
2. Security solutions for critical infrastructure
- NEC Enhanced Video Analytics (EVA) platform utilising AI technology that integrates a series of video surveillance capabilities, including behaviour detection, crowd behaviour analysis, abnormal behaviour/abandoned object detection, and age/gender estimation.
- Optical fibre sensing technology to detect unauthorized access to regulated areas.
3. Other solutions
- Control Room Solutions from APD Communications, which was acquired by NPS (Northgate Public Services), an NEC Company, in January 2019, including an Integrated Communications Control System and Contact Record Management. APD provides solutions and technologies for approximately 70% of UK police forces and a range of countries worldwide.
- Biometric technologies, such as facial recognition and fingerprint recognition, which received the world’s No.1 certification accuracy (*).
Overview of the “Co-creation Labs” programme
1. Further development and the sharing of identifiers, including biometrics
– Are we jointly prepared for returning foreign terrorist fighters (FTF)?
Date: Tuesday, July 2, 2019 (day 1) 15:30 to 17:00
Location: Co-creation Lab 3
Speaker: Walter Lee, Evangelist and Government Relations Leader, NEC Corporation
2. What are the future of controls that improve the reliability of the control of an individual, the safety of travel between countries and eliminates the threats of domestic attacks?
Date: Wednesday, July 3, 2019 (day 2) 13:30 to 15:00
Location: Co-creation Lab 1
Speaker: Michael O’Connell, Vice President and Executive Advisor, NEC Europe
About NEC Corporation
NEC Corporation is a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people around the world. The NEC Group globally provides “Solutions for Society” that promote the safety, security, efficiency and equality of society. Under the company’s corporate message of “Orchestrating a brighter world,” NEC aims to help solve a wide range of challenging issues and to create new social value for the changing world of tomorrow. For more information, visit NEC at https://www.nec.com.